Honoring those who have served
Did you know?.......Fun Facts & Trivia
- There is a National Moment of Remembrance established by Congress which asks all Americans to pause each Memorial Day for one minute at 3pm (the time when most of us are stuffing our faces with hamburgers and hot dogs!)
- Decoration Day was established in the 19th century to decorate the graves of soldiers who died during the Civil War. Eventually, it became a remembrance of all brave military men and women, and by 1967 the day was legally changed to Memorial Day.
- The first Decoration Day became extra memorable when James Garfield stepped up to the podium at Arlington National Cemetery in 1868. In the blistering heat, the future President's speech lasted 1 1/2 hours during "a spring day too warm for comfort," observed the New York Times.
- Bringing attention to Vietnam War POW's and MIA's, the "Rolling Thunder" of motorcycles first arrived in Washington DC during Memorial Day Weekend in 1988. Today, more than a million riders and spectators converge on the capital in what has become the world’s largest single-day motorcycle event.
Happy Veteran's Day
Having our SERVPRO franchise located in Leavenworth, Kansas and Fort Leavenworth right down the street means that we get a more exciting Veteran's Day than most offices. Today we are honoring those who served by providing coffee and candy during the impressive parade as it makes it way down our street. This year our Leavenworth Marketing Representative Paul Goode had an additional and personal contribution to the day as well. A banner made to honor a member of his own family in service hangs alongside many others lining a street in downtown Leavenworth. These banners and this parade help bring this community together in celebration and SERVPRO Leavenworth is excited and grateful to be able to be a part of it. If you happen to be in town we still have goodies left at our pop up. Feel free to drop by and warm up with us!
SERVPRO of Leavenworth & NW Wyandotte Co is Hiring
Would you like to join our team?
SERVPRO® Business Development Representative
Do you love working with people and educating them?
Then, don't miss your chance to join our nationally recognized company, as a new SERVPRO® Marketing Representative. In this position, you will be making a difference each and every day. We have a sincere drive towards the goal of helping make fire and water damage "Like it never even happened"!
We're seeking someone who is comfortable meeting new people, with excellent communication skills, and who is a serious multi-tasker. If you are self-motivated and have superb interpersonal skills, then you'll thrive in this work environment. Our idea of the ultimate candidate is one who is proactive, experienced, truly enjoys providing superior service, and loves taking ownership. Are you highly dependable and super excited about routinely exceeding expectations? Then YOU may be our perfect HERO!
As a valued SERVPRO® employee, you'll be part of a stable, growing company offering state-of-the-art customer service and products throughout the United States. You will receive a competitive pay rate, with lots of opportunity to learn and become more.
Read over the responsibilities, minimum requirements, and check out the company website. Then, apply today! We are looking forward to supporting you in your heroic journey with us!
· 40 hours/week, flexible to work overtime when required
· Vary between 7 am – 7 pm
Some of the Responsibilities:
· Provide excellent customer service
· Conduct Objective-to-Objective Marketing contacts
· Compile and maintain “Center of Influence” information
· Participate in professional Associations to build networks
· Provide “Lunch and Learns” and promote Continuing Education (CE) courses
· Understand production and estimating processes
· Complete documentation, as appropriate
· Assist other departments as needed
· Plus more…
· 1 + year(s) of Sales, Marketing or Customer Service Rep experience
· Experience with Professional Sales or Marketing Associations a plus
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including proper pronunciation, grammar and a consistently courteous and professional tone of voice at all times
· Possess polite, confident and excellent customer service skills, including listening and questioning skills
· Ability to meet people in new or difficult situations and build rapport
· Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
· Very self-motivated and goal-oriented
· Ability to multi-task
· Capability to work in a fast paced, team oriented office environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e.: Outlook, Word, Excel)
Base plus activity based commission and increases based on merit.
Check out our website at: http://www.SERVPROleavenworthnwwyandottecounty.com for more information.
TO APPLY: Email your résumé, along with salary history to: SERVPRO10026@gmail.com
SERVPRO® specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage situation. So, when disaster strikes, homeowners, businesses and insurance providers will rely on us to respond with unparalleled service excellence. As a nation's leading fire and water cleanup and restoration company with more than 1,600 franchises nationwide, we are growing rapidly creating exciting opportunities for "A Level" talent.
New School Year, New Responsibilities
Social media is awash with photos of kids returning to school. We are all amazed to see these young people we might have known as toddlers taking new steps in their lives. Every grade from first to senior is a new year for them, with new experiences and responsibilities.
Too many times, the start of the school year brings avoidable losses as many youngsters enter into the unfamiliar phase of coming home to an unsupervised house. The importance of educating children to be safe in cannot be overlooked.
Kids Health has an excellent resource: When It's Just You After School
“Are you ready for whatever happens?”